Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tin tile bar

My bar to the kitchen is the first thing you see when you walk through my back door.  When designing the kitchen I wanted the bar to be eye catching and pretty when walking in. I've had these old chippy amazing tin tiles and thought they would be perfect for the bar.

This was probably one of the easiest projects and it couldn't have gone anymore perfect.  I trimmed out the tin in pine. I wanted to paint the trim white but the hubby thought it would look great stained too. I decided to stain it first because it would be so easy to just paint over in case I didn't like it. I liked the stain but didn't love it at first so I thought I would live with it for a few weeks.  Well a few weeks went by and I was still not loving it so I painted white to go with my cabinets.  I love how it how it turned out and feel it's a great compliment to the rest of the kitchen and house. The hub even likes it too! So it's a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment